On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Darin Fisher <da...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Yes, sorry about that.  Please see render_view.cc.  They are just
> implemented using WebFrame::executeCommand.

Ah, I see. As an API consumer I would prefer to have separate methods for
each supported command, or have executeCommand() take an enumeration instead
of a string argument. These are my qualms about the current executeCommand()
approach:

1. The set of available commands is non-obvious from viewing the WebFrame
header file.  Consumers of the API will need to keep track of WebCore
internals (EditorCommand.cpp), which logically violates the API abstraction
layer.

2. If the commands change, there is no compile-time notification to the API
consumer.

3. It's not clear which commands are meaningful/useful for Chromium.

4. (nit) The current implementation is inconsistent -- selectAll() is
functionally equivalent to executeCommand("SelectAll"), for instance.

What do you think?