If I am not mistaking (search the group, there is information about it) -GMock
(or some similar name, some kind of unit test architecture) needed "boost"
(and /TR1), but the dependency was reduced to make the /TR1 go away, due to
build issues. I think it is only a leftover.

Though, I might be confusing a lot of things here and totally out of
context.

☆PhistucK