On Aug 24, 3:58 am, Peter Kasting <pkast...@google.com> wrote:
> We already have this since web pages take over things like ctrl-w and ctrl-f
> (and we wouldn't want to change that since in many cases it's important that
> they do so).

AFAICT, at least Alt+Shift+T and Alt+D seem not to be preventable by a
web page.

> If we were going to do this we should just give up.  We already have
> alt-shit-t and that's good enough if we're going to use hard-to-find
> non-standard access keys.  The entire point of alt, alt-f and alt-e is to
> pick things users will naively try to use.

Well, I wouldn't really call having to hit "Alt+Shift+T, Left * 5,
Space" for accessing the wrench menu "good enough". Whether you choose
Alt+F or Alt+Shift+whathever, Chrome feels like being less in your way
(once you know the shortcut).

Then again: Is accessibility one of the goals for Chrome at all? Or is
it just not tested for for lack of manpower? As it currently stands,
it can get quite frustrating to use without a mouse (double accesskeys
in menus, no accesskeys at all in dialogs, certain shortcuts
unavailable on non-US keyboards, page actions unreachable).