We just discussed that, and decided against using it, because it could be
potentially confusing.  Most users would be unaware that we were launching
in a separate profile, and even someone who did know that we were doing this
would probably find it inconvenient.  For example, if he does open another
tab in the Chrome instance that we launched, and then browse for a bit, he
would now have two separate browser histories -- his main one and the one in
our separate user profile.  Could get to be a nuisance.

For now, I think we're going to go ahead and launch with
--disable-hang-monitor, and we may also write a tech note for our users
explaining the issue, and suggesting that if they want to, they can add
--disable-hang-monitor to the shortcut they use to launch Chrome.  I might
also log an enhancement request that if my new instance of Chrome passes
control to an existing instance, it also pass the value of the
--disable-hang-monitor flag, and that the existing instance respects that
flag for just that one tab.

Thanks!  - Mike