On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:44 PM, John Tamplin <j...@google.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 6:38 PM, John Abd-El-Malek <j...@chromium.org>wrote:
>
>> I presume you're referring to Chrome extensions?  I don't see the
>> advantage of making this depend on the plugin being distributed via
>> extensions.
>>

> How else would an end-user get a plugin installed for Chrome?  I don't
> think you want to tell them to go create a directory if it doesn't exist,
> and copy the file there, and you don't want to have to write a
> platform-specific installer to do that either.

I don't know quite how the Flash player got into my Chrome, but all I know
is, it's there.  Although I don't know for sure, I sort of suspect that when
Chrome installed, it looked for either (a) all existing Netscape plugins, or
(b) just Flash, and enabled it.

As far as I know, we (Adobe) don't have any special Chrome extension for
installing Flash player.  We just have the ActiveX version and the Netscape
plugin version.