On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Evan Martin <e...@chromium.org> wrote:

> "It’s been a little over a month since I started using Chromium, the
> Open Source version of the Google Chrome Web browser. Since then, I’ve
> been using Chromium quite extensively. While the honeymoon isn’t over
> yet, I do have a better handle on what I like and dislike about
> Chromium and how it fits into my Web browsing and use of Web apps."
>
> http://scottnesbitt.net/ubuntublog/?p=511

> Likes: speed, web compat(!), font rendering
> Unexpectedly ok with: lack of extensions
>
> Dislikes:
> - dropdown lists in wordpress admin panel "don't behave well"
> My response: any wordpress user here who can repro this?
>
> - CSS occasionally lost while browsing
> My response: I think I've seen this too, but I had been assuming it's
> site glitches.  Does this ring any bells for anyone?
>
> - He's bookmarking by pasting urls into "add page" dialog found via
> the bookmark manager(!).  Maybe he doesn't realize the star is the add
> bookmark button?
> My response: I'm no UI designer, but I wonder if it'd help to put the
> bookmark button star in some of the dialogs related to bookmarking?
> If you don't hover the star you'll never learn what it does; on the
> other hand, there are only seven buttons on the toolbar and I kind of
> don't have much pity for people who haven't looked at them.

there are about 10,000 ways to bookmark a page:
- drag web page link to bookmark bar
- drag omnibox contents to bookmark bar
- drag star button to bookmark bar
- press star button
- right click on bookmark bar, add page
- go to bookmark manager, right click, add page
- go to bookmark manager, organize menu, add page

AFAIK these are basically the same as the options in firefox, which
makes me wonder how he does it there. Maybe he expects "Bookmark this
page" to be in the page menu? I have to say that "bookmark this page"
in the page menu seems more logical than cut/copy/paste in that
menu.[1]

[1] cut/copy/paste in the page menu plain don't work on linux. See
<http://crbug.com/18030> for my explanation why. Yet I have never once
seen a user notice this bug, much less complain about it (aside from
our own QA tester).