On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Evan Stade <est...@chromium.org> wrote:

> It would be nice to have some mechanism for telling the animation "we
> are done with the last update, ready for another".

AFAIK this is already what effectively happens.  We try to fire the timer
rapidly, but if we get bogged down, it just won't fire until later; when it
actually does fire, we update our state based on how much time has really
passed instead of how many times the timer has triggered.

Maybe, though, what you're seeing is that we don't "bog down" on the UI
thread where the timer is firing, so we end up doing a lot of updates, but
these updates can (for some animations) create a backlog of events on other
threads/processes, which may take a while to be dealt with?

I'm not sure how to deal with this other than to create a separate queue of
"events triggered by animations" and let later updates overwrite earlier
ones that haven't yet been processed; that would be really hard to plumb,
though.

PK