As a few of you know, I've been trying to build a stable version of
chromium for a month now. The problem is the DEPS file of the 195
branch is outdated so it has wrong dependencies. I could update the
dependencies until chromium builds, but I would like to use the exact
same version of every dependency than Google, since I chose chromium
for my project (an internet kiosk prototype) because it leaks less
memory and it's more secure, which are very important things for
public computers with long uptimes. So having stable dependencies it's
important for us.

Anyway, I opened this issue:
and maruel tells me that somebody is working on the alternative
solution proposed in one of the
comments, so thanks.

But given that the you are producing those automated DEPS for the 4.x
branches but not for the 3.x stable branch, I'm starting to think that
this isn't gonna happen in the current release cycle and I'll have to
wait for the 4.x stable release, which again, is understandable cause
I'm sure there are pretty solid technical reasons.

So I'm wondering, whether in the meantime you could offer some kind of
temporal fix for those of us in my same situation. For example,
committing to the branch the DEPS used by google as "DEPS.internal".
That way I can take a look, ignore the google specific stuff and make
my own DEPS. I don't think it would take you more than 20 seconds per
stable release (if I'm right in my assumptions about the nature of the
problem) and it would be very appreciated.