Greetings Chromium-developers,

(Please ignore this e-mail when you are not building Chromium with gcc 4.4.)

Today, a person reported gcc 4.4 yields the following build errors
while building Chromium on IRC:
 "cc1plus: error: dereferencing pointer '...' does break strict-aliasing rules"

Unfortunately, gcc 4.4 checks the pointer conversion more strictly
than the previous gcc and it yields some warnings while compiling
chromium.
Even though it is definitely better to change our code to make it
compile with gcc 4.4, I would like to write a temporary workaround
that avoids these warnings.

1. Creating a file "~/.gyp/inclulde.gypi'.
2. Adding a following lines to the file.

  {
    'variables': {
      'no_strict_aliasing': 1
    }
  }

3. Run "gclient runhooks --force" to re-build scons or make files.
4. Run "hammer" or "make" to re-build Chromium.

Regards,

Hironori Bono
E-mail: hb...@chromium.org