Hello,

I just wanted to share with you all that I've succeeded in compiling
Chrome using Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition and ATL 7.1 bundled with
the Windows Driver Kit (WDK).

I've wrote a blog post that gives the details of my recipe here:
http://cotsog.wordpress.com/2009/11/08/how-to-compile-google-chrome-with-visual-c-2008-express-edition/

It would be nice if some Chrome developers could review the steps and
see if it could be a valid setup to contribute to the project thus
lowering the entry bar to develop on Windows OS.

I also wonder if GYP could be made "express edition aware"? e.g. don't
include solution folders in that case.

Do not hesitate to make comments or suggestions.

Thanks!

-- Dominic.