On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@google.com> wrote:
>> Should I spend time trying to flesh these
>> out and add to net/tools, or is this something which doesn't belong in
>> the chromium codebase?
>
> I'm weakly against the idea, since adding dependencies increases the burden
> when we want to redesign or update pieces of the network stack.  I would
> change my vote to be in favor if these tools allowed some kind of testing of
> the stack that is not currently feasible; better testing is always a good
> goal.

I think it would be valuable to have a netcat-like thing implemented
using chromium's stack because it would make certain kinds of
testing and debugging easier.  (In particular, I'm looking at a hang
in the ssl tests that only happens in one strange environment, and
having a standalone app that just makes an ssl connection using
chromium's stack would be quite handy.)