My talk covers much of this, but I'll be sure to look back through
the feedback from this thread and re-write it before I give it again
in December.

Here are the slides from the talk I gave in Sydney (which was
specifically directed at answering questions about WebKit which had
come up for Maps and Wave folks).  I will re-work the slides before I
talk again this year.

http://280slides.com/Viewer/?user=20394&name=WebKit%20Arch%2C%20Take%202&fullscreen

-eric