On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 20:57, Tim Steele <timste...@google.com> wrote:

> It seems like the test should wait for the title to update, and not the
> navigation to finish.

I'm pretty sure it's not a waiting problem. I followed what the test does
manually, and I could still reproduce the issue. I also checked with
debugger, where things are slowed down, and it was still there. The renderer
just doesn't send the UpdateTitle message at all.

Today I followed the code flow very carefully, just attached to the browser
under test in a debugger, set breakpoints in title-related functions down to
WebCore. It's quite possible that it's some part of WebCore logic that's
involved (like not telling the glue code about the title). It's mysterious
though why the test generally passes on the buildbot (but not on trybot).

Would it be a good idea for the browser to query the renderer for title
before it declares navigation as finished? Or maybe the renderer could do so
internally? What do you think?