On Nov 30, 2009, at 12:31 PM, Dave MacLachlan wrote:

> To turn on whitespace cleanup:
> 1) Go to "Xcode>Preferences..." and choose the "Google" panel.
> 2) Check the "Correct Whitespace on Save" checkbox, and you should
> be good to go.

This feature is terrific for Google code, but bad for WebKit. (Their
style guide says they don't care about EOL whitespace, but they don't
like diffs that do nothing but tweak whitespace.) So if I turn on this
pref, it's going to make a bunch of illegal changes in the next WebKit
file I edit. :(

For those of us who work with both codebases, it would be nice to have
a less automatic version of this. A per-project setting would be
ideal, but probably unrealistic; second best would be a menu command
to explicitly zap whitespace in the file being edited.

—Jens