This isn't possible today for a number of reasons:

* From Omaha's perspective, Chrome has a single unique app id, regardless of
channel.  This allows you to seamlessly migrate from one channel to the
next.
* Chrome's installer only has one location to install into, so even if you
could get two channels installing, they would clobber each other.
* Chrome has a default profile location, so even if you could get two
versions installed and updating independently, you'd have to launch one with
a command-line flag to use a different user data dir.

I don't know if anybody has tried this, but while writing this it occurred
to me that there may be a workaround for the first two issues.  What you
would do is install one channel as a per-machine installation (Program
Files) and the other as a per-user install (%USERPROFILE%).  This would
theoretically work around the Omaha issue.  However, I would bet that the
installer wouldn't know which directory it's supposed to go to, so probably
one of the directories would win and it would wind up overinstalling into
the same directory (so only the latest channel would likely win).  Maybe if
Omaha passed the info of machine-vs-user install into the installer it would
be possible for it to distinguish which instance it was supposed to be
updating.

For a more generalized solution to this (providing a way for Omaha to manage
multiple tracks of the same app id in parallel), maybe file an Omaha bug (
http://code.google.com/p/omaha/issues/list).

Erik

p.s. I know Aaron knows about this, so it wasn't the point of his original
question, but for anybody else, the other workaround is to use one of the
third-party chromium updaters in parallel with a chrome installation.
 Chromium has its own separate profile dir, intall location, etc.