What about allowing the renderer to run asynchronously with the
script?  Right now you're either producing the view or you're running script
but never both concurrently, correct?  Parallelizing them should not
introduce issues I think (assuming the renderer has the equivalent of a
snapshot view of the DOM tree)?

Fady