I’m a little late to the party, but I thought it would be worth visually noting
the positive impact that the nanosecond timestamp changes have had. The first
graph is from a dedicated chrony monitoring system. The transition from 2.4 to
the current version occurs midway though the graph. Nothing too dramatic, but
still a noticeable improvement. The second graph is from a more active general
server. The improvement here is much more significant.

Thank you for all the hard work. I’m really looking forward to hardware
timestamps. :)

Denny