Setting noselect for all sources seems to have no impact on standard deviation.

Disabling all forms of dynamic tic (CONFIG_HZ_PERIODIC=y) seems to have some
effect in reducing the number of “D H”, but does not appear to have much of an
impact on the standard deviation. I am returning CONFIG_NO_HZ_IDLE=y.

Denny