On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 08:53:51PM -0800, Denny Page wrote:
> I would not have expected this, and I haven’t dug into it, but looking at the
> time to generate timestamps for pcap, I am seeing times of more than a
> second(!). I am wondering what happens if we get to the point of sending the
> next request before we have received the transmit timestamp for the prior
> one. Given the speed of the units I’m testing with, it appears to be possible
> to have received the second response before the first transmit timestamp.

Are you saying it takes more than a second to receive the TX
timestamp? Can you confirm that with the patch I sent you earlier
which waits with poll()? An occasional long delay seems to be a
common problem reported with some HW.

When a TX timestamp of a packet is received after a new packet was
already sent, the timestamp will be ignored.

> Have you tested against a fast server with "minpoll 0 max poll 0”?

I did, but maybe my server is not fast enough.

--
Miroslav Lichvar