I would think it's unlikely someone would compile chrony on 11.1 in the future
and then run it on 11.0.
Compiling on 11.0 and running it on 11.1 seems more likely, if someone upgrade
the OS, without recompiling chrony.
But this should not cause any problems.

If there is not much benefit in using it on FreeBSD, I see no reason to disable
it on all versions.
Otherwise disabling it for 11.0 might make sense.

Adri.