> On 8/08/2017, at 6:25 PM, Miroslav Lichvar <mlich...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> That's good news. Thanks for the update.
>
> I assume chronyd is working correctly when using both adjtime() and
> ntp_adjtime()? When starting with an initial offset over 1 second and
> not allowed to make a step (makestep/initstepslew), the clock is
> slewed as expected, with no oscillations, etc?

I didn't specifically test that. I just observed that it corrected the initial
offset of around 1 sec in less than 10 minutes. I'll do more detailed tests
tomorrow.

One thing I did notice. On macOS 10.12 the frequency on the machine I use seems
to mostly hover in the range 16 to 19 ppm, depending on temperature, other
workload etc.

On macOS 10.13, it seems to be more like 17.5 to 20.5 ppm, again depending on
temperature, workload.

I was a little surprised to note the difference because it is the same hardware
in both cases. Maybe I need to test that a little more to see if its a real or
imaginary (on my part) difference.

Bryan Christianson
br...@whatroute.net