The concern with userspace libraries creating their own random values or
using a buffer of previously fetched random values from the kernel seems
to be (quoting Ted Ts'o):
"all of the attendant opportunities for security vulnerabilities in the
face of VM snapshots, or VM's getting duplicated with a pre-spun execution
image, etc., etc."

Perhaps Linus will be more receptive if a use case where vDSO performance
is important, like a chrony server, is described.