> On 19/02/2016, at 12:07 PM, Tomalak Geret'kal <t...@kera.name> wrote:
>
> On 18/02/2016 22:48, Deven Hickingbotham wrote:
>>
>>> $cat /sys/class/pps/pps0/assert
>>> 1455831692.018636856#178
>>>
>>> Are you seeing those?
>>>

>> Yes, but just one timestamp per execution:
>>
>> pi@gps ~ $ cat /sys/class/pps/pps0/assert
>> 1455835119.289108505#4272
>> pi@gps ~ $ cat /sys/class/pps/pps0/assert
>> 1455835154.690359907#4305
>> pi@gps ~ $ cat /sys/class/pps/pps0/assert
>> 1455835157.936493770#4308
>> pi@gps ~ $ cat /sys/class/pps/pps0/assert
>> 1455835160.102904599#4310
>>

> Okay so your PPS looks fine.
>
> I think what's happening (and I'm half guessing but I did the following in
> the past to solve the same problem) is that you have two separate refclocks.
> One is your GPS NMEA (which is working), and the other is your PPS source ...
> which is only providing timing, not time.
>
> I believe you need to make it so that the PPS refclock is treated as a sort
> of extension of the GPS refclock, then prevent the GPS refclock from being
> selected on its own:
>
> refclock SHM 0 refid GPS precision 1e-1 offset 0.9999 delay 0.2 noselect
> refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.ttyAMA0.sock refid PPS lock GPS
>
> I'm not sure why you see "PP" in the "chronyc sources" output - double-check
> your file on disk for dodgy line endings perhaps? Bit of a concern if the
> trailing "S" now gets truncated in my example above.
>
> Anyway, give that a try.
>
> Cheers
> Tom

I have this config working on a RP 2 - different PPP device but substituting
your device for mine and adjusting the offsets to suit your device may work. I
got this config from the gpsd web site

# SHM0 from gpsd is the NEMA data at 4800bps, so is not very accurate
refclock SHM 0  precision 1e-1 offset -0.135 delay 0.5 refid NEMA

# SHM1 from gpsd (if present) is from the kernel PPS_LDISC
# module.  It includes PPS and will be accurate to a few ns
refclock SHM 1 offset 0.00135 delay 0.1 refid PPS

# SOCK protocol also includes PPS data and
# it also provides time within a few ns
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.ttyUSB0.sock offset 0.00135 delay 0.0 refid SOCK

Bryan Christianson
br...@whatroute.net