Agreed. Shms live in /dev along with the real time clocks /dev/rtc0. Your
kernel config dictates what's there. Look around in dev and see what shms
are there and mod your chrony configuration to point to one of them and
check tracking. I'd also comment out all server lines until you get it
syncing with the GPS device.