No gpsd.conf.  /etc/default/gpsd is :

# Default settings for the gpsd init script and the hotplug wrapper.

# Start the gpsd daemon automatically at boot time
START_DAEMON="true"

# Use USB hotplugging to add new USB devices automatically to the daemon
USBAUTO="true"

# Devices gpsd should collect to at boot time.
# They need to be read/writeable, either by user gpsd or the group dialout.
DEVICES="/dev/ttyACM0"

# Other options you want to pass to gpsd
GPSD_OPTIONS="-F /var/run/chrony.ttyACM0.sock"

$ ps -ef |grep gpsd |grep -v grep
gpsd     31426     1  0 13:36 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/gpsd -N -F
/var/run/chrony.ttyACM0.sock /dev/ttyACM0

cgps shows 3d fix