Debian jessie gets the start dependencies wrong and starts gpsd before starting
chronyd.

The simple fix is to stop gpsd, wait a few seconds and then restart it. It
should then attach to the chrony listening socket.

A long term fix is to sort out the dependencies. There was a lot of discussion
of this on the gpsd mail list a few months back. A search of the their archives
may be helpful.

> On 8/08/2016, at 4:21 PM, Steve Horton <stevejhor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I see gpsd using the socket but I don't see chrony accessing it at all. Can
> you comment out the shm line and strace chrony again? I think that's where
> the issue is.
>

> On Aug 7, 2016 10:27 PM, "Chris Greenman" <chris.m.green...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've attached the strace files.   The commands I used were:
>
> root@IrishMistII:/tmp# strace -o /tmp/chrony.strace.out chronyd
> root@IrishMistII:/tmp# strace -o /tmp/gpsd.strace.out gpsd -D 8 -F
> /var/run/chrony.ttyACM0.sock /dev/ttyACM0
>
> On Aug 7, 2016 12:50 AM, "Steve Horton" <stevejhor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We need to see if gpsd is sending and if chrony is rx anything on that
> socket. I'd start both process in strace to srart. Then maybe start gpsd in
> debug -D 8 and see if its writing to that chrony socket. Strace will show
> what's happening underneath.

Bryan Christianson
br...@whatroute.net