On 04/21/2017 08:35 AM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 08:26:31AM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
On 04/21/2017 06:21 AM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
However, you could force chronyd to ignore the RTC by setting
rtcdevice to a nonexistent device and always use the driftfile, e.g.

rtcdevice /dev/doesnotexist
Where do I get the command, rtcdevice?  It is not on my system. Then how do
I run it?  Do I add an ExecStartPre= to the chronyd.service file?
It should be in chrony.conf. It specifies the path to the RTC device,
which is /dev/rtc by default.

OK. I went to https://chrony.tuxfamily.org/doc/devel/chrony.conf.html to read up a bit on chronyd.conf

And I am assuming that I am pointing to the default /dev/rtc and just add the file.

Got it.

thanks

And do I create a /etc/sysconfig/chronyd with the single line:

OPTIONS= -s
Yes. If there are multiple options, I think they need to be in double
quotes, e.g. OPTIONS="-s -4".