The chrony allow directive allows the addition of a symbolic hostname in its
specification. However, I took a leap in entering the following directive:

allow hostname/16

which failed to do what I expected but no configuration file error was
flagged. If hostname is 10.10.10.10, my expectation was that the allow
statement would apply to the entire 10.10.x.x network.

In this context, apparently the '/16' is ignored. Is there some way that I
could put basically a symbolic name in the /etc/chrony.conf file instead of
IP numbers in a network context? The documentation gives no hint if this is
possible.