From: Miroslav Lichvar [mailto:mlich...@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2017 12:03 PM
To: chrony-users@chrony.tuxfamily.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [chrony-users] time sync query

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 05:07:45PM +0000, Jahagirdar, Bhushan wrote:
> MS Name/IP address         Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample
> #? GPS                           0   2   377     2   -4509h[ -4509h] +/-
> 6567m
> #? CAN                           0   2     0     -     +0ns[   +0ns] +/-
> 0ns

The error of +/- 6567 minutes is probably what causes chronyd to ignore the
source. The offset of the reference time may be jumping around. What is on the
other side of the socket? Is it gpsd?

You could enable the refclocks log to see what values is chronyd getting.

--
Miroslav Lichvar

with "help" in the subject.