Ok thanks, I tried with 'local" before and got very bad results, did some
digging and turns out that was because I was having the same driftfile on
both instance (probably the parameter isn't necessary on the server
config), it's better now.

I specified a custom sock as bindcmdaddress for each instance
 (/var/run/chrony/chronyd_1.sock and /var/run/chrony/chronyd_1.sock) and a
custom cmdport for sthe server instance.

I can get chronyc to work with both instance, however ntpdata is not
working on neitheir of them, i get "501 Not authorised", any idea ?