I forgot to mention that our SAMBA4 server is running on Ubuntu 16.04 and the chrony version is 2.1.1.

Hello

Our company uses a SAMBA4 server for Active Directory authentication for Windows 10 hosts. Unfortunately, we're struggling with time synchronization, the hosts are unable to synchronize the time properly. We've found this page <http://blog.mycroes.nl/2013/03/setting-up-ntp-signing-ntpsignd-with.html>, and our guess is that we need to insert these  two lines into the /etc/chrony.conf:

/ntpsigndsocket /usr/local/samba/var/lib/ntp_signd restrict default mssntp/

But the chrony service stopped working completely after that.

Our other question is that according to this site <https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Time_Synchronisation> at the requirements topic, do we need ntpd enabled with signed ntp support? What is this exactly? Is this essential for us to make chrony working?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Varga
--
*Varga Péter*