> Also note that gpsd can sometimes erroneously create a second PPS source,
> thinking that the GPS device is connected with the serial line discipline
> exposing the PPS on a serial port pin. You can cross-check with ppstest,
> but your kernel debug seems to suggest that the source is indeed pps0.
> Simon.

Yes, there's only one PPS source and gpsd is behaving as it should.

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 5:23 PM Miroslav Lichvar <mlich...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 09:01:11AM +0200, Alvaro Gamez wrote:
>> > I've tried your configuration (main difference was only the offset
>> values).
>> > It sometimes seems to work, but not always.
>> >
>> > Here's a series of 'sources' requests output:
>> > #* GPS                           0   4    77    18    +90ms[ +306ms] +/-
>> > 6773us
>> > #? PPS                           0   4     6    39   -290ms[  -74ms] +/-
>> > 1622us
>>
>> It seems the offset between the two refclocks is still too large to
>> allow a reliable lock of the PPS. Try increasing the offset of the SHM
>> refclock to 0.5.

Ah! That seems to be doing the trick!

#- GPS                           0   4   377    28    +11ms[  +11ms] +/-
9045us
#* PPS                           0   4   377    27   +109us[ +105us] +/-
388us

Why is GPS marked as not combined, though?

Thanks!

--
Álvaro Gámez Machado