On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 04:40:47PM +0300, Alexei Rozenvaser wrote:
> Hello
>
> I wold like to ask for help in setting chrony time synchronization to
> work with samba as windows domain controller.
> Please refer to samba mail list discussion:
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2018-June/216032.html

I don't know much about configuring Samba, but generally it should be
the same as with ntpd. The chrony config just needs to allow client
access from the local network and specify the ntp_signd socket in
order to respond with authenticated MS-SNTP packets, e.g.

server foo.example.net iburst
allow 10.0.0.0/8
ntpsigndsocket /var/lib/samba/ntp_signd

You may need to change the ownership of the ntp_signd directory to
root:chrony or similar to allow chronyd to connect to the socket.
There could be also issues with SELinux or AppArmor.

Try running chronyd from command line with -d -d and see if there are
any error messages related to ntp_signd when the clients are sending
their requests.

Also, please note that chrony and Samba don't support the newer
extended MS-SNTP authenticator yet. IIRC they are used by newer
Windows clients and I'm not sure if they can fall back (or be
configured) to the older authenticator.

--
Miroslav Lichvar