Fra: Miroslav Lichvar <mlich...@redhat.com>

Sendt: 10. oktober 2019 16:24

Til: chrony-users@chrony.tuxfamily.org <chrony-users@chrony.tuxfamily.org>

Emne: Re: [chrony-users] Multi-source: No source change from unreachable to
reachable one

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 01:53:03PM +0000, Joanna Yurdal wrote:

> chrony.conf:

> refclock SHM 0 poll 2 dpoll 0 refid PTP0 precision 1.0e-9 delay 1.0e-04 prefer

> server 192.168.3.103 iburst minpoll 2

> When SHM source looses reachability, each second both s-> last_sample_ago and
> max_reach_sample_ago are increased by one

> The condition never becomes true and the unreachable(invalid) source remains
> the selected source forever.

No, it shouldn't be selected forever. How long did you wait?

With each sample dropped by the (reachable) NTP source

max_reach_sample_ago should get smaller and at some point the SHM

source should become "stale" and be unselected, if it doesn't happen

earlier due to increased root distance.

> I did not really understand the intention for this a comparison.

> Was it indented to compare newest sample from unreachable source with the
> newest sample from reachable source instead?

No, it's supposed to compare the newest sample of the unreachable

source with oldest sample of a reachable source to determine if the

spans of the two sources still overlap.

--

Miroslav Lichvar

For help email chrony-users-requ...@chrony.tuxfamily.org