On Tue, Jan 07, 2020 at 12:18:00PM +0000, Larsen, Simon wrote:
> I can make a system call to chronyc, read the output and parse it. Although I
> can't be sure the text output format won't change, so this does not seem like
> a good way to read the tracking/sources information from chronyc.

The format is not supposed to change, except new fields may be added
to the end of the report. There is the CSV mode (-c option) which
should make it easier for parsing.

> Have anybody accomplished this through better means? If so I would be very
> happy to hear from you!

You can write your own client. The protocol is quite simple. collectd
does that for instance.

The plan is to provide a library, which chronyc would be using, but
unfortunately there wasn't time to do that yet.

--
Miroslav Lichvar