Hello all,

I'm trying to sync system time as quickly as possible as I have a time
requirement to meet. Currently I'm using the iburst option against several
servers, along with "makestep 1.0 3", and a wait service that calls
"/usr/bin/chronyc -h 127.0.0.1,::1 waitsync 600 0.1 0.0 1" to ensure that other
services run only after the clock has been synced. This takes about 6 seconds.

If I want to sacrifice some accuracy to reduce the sync time, what would be
best practice?

Would it be possible to do the initial sync with a single request per server?
If so how would this be done and what would the drawback be?
Is editing the parameters of the wait-service an option, or will the iburst
option always send at least 4 requests before the time is considered to be
synced?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thank you & kind regards,
Gustav