Miroslav wrote:
> Each of the names resolves only to a single pair of IPv4 and IPv6
> address, so I think they should be specified using the server
> directive rather than the pool directive. I guess using iburst is ok
> as most public servers are ok with that.

Okay, then I've setup it correctly.

> Please note that they have enabled leap smearing, which means they
> are incompatible with everything else.

But is this not to be interpreted as an advantage? Since Chrony can do
leap smearing (in contrast to systemd-timesyncd or ntp), this should
be a good combination, right?

Or do you mean, I cannot mix it with other NTP services. Google's time
service also does leap smearing, I think.

> BTW, the servers don't seem to be actually running chrony. I think they
> use it only internally.

True. But because of the leap smearing, I think it's best to use Chrony.