On 3/1/21 9:47 AM, Bill Unruh wrote:
Why not try Lichvar's suggestion and post your configuration (chrony.conf) as
this may well be a configuration problem. Or a DNS problem.

No DNS issues.  Forward and reverse DNS resolution works perfectly. Though the config. below uses hostnames, in reality raw IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are used.  All of the NTP server hosts are reachable and are responding, as evidenced chronyc outputs shown in earlier messages in this thread (Reach/LastRx/Last sample output columns).

(eg, my system cannot resolve any of your sources. ARe those just phony names to protect something, or are they names you got from some document assuming
they were real?)

Obviously I've masked the raw IPv4 and IPv6 addresses with phony names to protect the, uh, innocent...? Or the guilty?  ;)  *chuckle*

CONFIG:
ratelimit interval 3 burst 8
dumpdir /var/db/chrony
ntsdumpdir /var/db/chrony
cmdport 0
bindaddress local-public-ipv4-address.example.com
bindacqaddress local-public-ipv4-address.example.com
bindaddress local-public-ipv6-address.example.com
bindacqaddress local-public-ipv6-address.example.com
server timesource-8-example.org iburst
server timesource-8-example.org iburst
server timesource-8-example.org iburst
server timesource-8-example.org iburst
server timesource-8-example.org iburst
server timesource-8-example.org iburst
server timesource-8-example.org iburst
server timesource-8-example.org iburst
server ip6timesource.example.org iburst

This is a FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p4 host running the chrony-4.0 FreeBSD package.

From `chronyd -v`:
  chronyd (chrony) version 4.0 (+CMDMON +NTP +REFCLOCK -RTC +PRIVDROP -SCFILTER -SIGND +ASYNCDNS +NTS +SECHASH +IPV6 -DEBUG)

Thanks for any/all pointers as to where to look next!

Aaron out.