From: Bill Unruh <un...@physics.ubc.ca>
Sent: Friday 5 March 2021 20:10
To: chrony-users@chrony.tuxfamily.org <chrony-users@chrony.tuxfamily.org>
Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Issue with chrony dropping PPS signal

Why? The server will keep freewheeling, with both its offset and its rate
having been adjusted to UTC, so it should keep pretty good time for quite a
while (even better if you have temperature corrections incorporated into
chrony). Are all your client clocks that good that they can all keep
freewheeling time that is as good as or better than your server, since that is
what will happen if your server stops serving time.

Once your position is known, even one sattelite should give good time. It
sounds like it is the receiver that is problematic. Is your antenna really
that borderline?

William G. Unruh __| Canadian Institute for|____ Tel: +1(604)822-3273
Physics&Astronomy _|___ Advanced Research _|____ Fax: +1(604)822-5324
UBC, Vancouver,BC _|_ Program in Cosmology |____ un...@physics.ubc.ca