On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 4:13 AM Miroslav Lichvar <mlich...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> There is "acquisitionport 123" in the config files. I think that
> prevents the implemented workaround from working. It can monitor only
> client-specific sockets.
>
> Try commenting that out and see if it helps.

Aha! That does indeed get us to 99.9+% hardware timestamps. Thanks!

We have that setting in place for semi-obscure firewall-related reasons but
we may be able to get rid of it. If we do need to control the source port,
am I correct in assuming that setting the "port" option on each "server"
directive would let us do that without triggering this problem?