Hi tuxfamily group,

I am trying to use chrony for synchronizing system clock to GPS UTC time
with 1PPS.

Below is my requirement:
- Need to sync system clock with reference clocks as GPS time and 1PPS from
GNSS Receiver.
- The GNSS receiver connected to UART port is already in use by another
module (So cant use this UART interface)
- The module that accesses this UART port publishes GPS UTC time to other
applications.

I cannot use GPSD as the interface is already in use by another module.
Can I send the GPS UTC time from the application through the Unix Domain
Socket to the Chronyd.

Please see below diagram of my requirement.
[image: image.png]

chronyd.sock was created under /var/run/chrony when I run chronyd. I wrote
an application using unix domain socket and connected to socket and
sent GPS UTC time in the required format accepted by chronyd.

But I dont see chronyd taking this time as I see #? for SOCK and PPS
reference clocks.

Below are my configurations in chrony.conf file for reference clocks:
refclock PPS /dev/pps1 lock GPS refid PPS
refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony/chronyd.sock refid GPS

Please advise how I can do this.

Thanks & Regards
Sarveshwar.K