Dear John,

Fascinating as a piece of social and political history in itself - Many thanks,
though I find it extremely “user-unfriendly” because of the navigation skills
required if one wants to obtain a legible text !

The Arts Newpaper has a photo which I had never seen before :

Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his daughter Mary walk past a Guard of
Honour, formed by a detachment of Scots Guards, in the garden of their
residence during the 1945 Potsdam Conference in Germany

– and since I may not be alone, I indicate the URL :

http://www.theartnewspaper.com/articles/Sothebys-steals-a-march-with-Churchills-paintings/36448

Best wishes to all,

A.C.

Antoine CAPET, FRHistS