You'll see a lot of pictures of Churchill with a walking stick.  That is not a
cane as we think it; it was (and is) a fashion accessory, same utility as a top
hat.  Not carried for mobility reasons.  I recall the Prince of Wales gave WSC
a walking stick as a wedding present.

Jonathan Hayes

Support Your Local Sasquatch