Good point.
Churchill aside, there is no man (or woman) on this earth who is ever
immune from being wrong repeatedly, and in fact the thing that is most sure
about anyone's life is that they will be wrong repeatedly. Part of the
greatness of Churchill is that whether he was wrong or right, his
contribution was always titanic and in the overwhelming majority of
instances sincere and free of meanness and cant.

The most instructive aspect about Franco's piece is that he identifies this
movie repeatedly as bad - which it is in spades. Cox may forever be
identified with this crass caricature that he helps paint - but I, for one,
will not grieve for Cox on this account.