Not quite pertinent to the current discussion, but: during the 2005 Conference
in Quebec City, Lady Soames was asked to comment on her Father’s alcohol
consumption – “He drank too much. Next question.”

Terry Reardon

From: churchillchat@googlegroups.com [mailto:churchillchat@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of David Riddle
Sent: March 7, 2018 8:02 AM
To: churchillchat@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [ChurchillChat] Whisky and Soda

glass of poured whisky is displayed there in Sir Winston’s Art Studio. It is a
very specific, pale colour exactly as he took it because on one of her fairly
regular visits to Chartwell before she passed away, Lady Mary Soames apparently
complained that what was on display was too dark/strong. She offered to prepare
a tipple to his usual specification, and it is this sample that has been
maintained today with the aid of a thin layer of oil to prevent evaporation!

I hope this is of interest to members.

David Riddle

Mobile: 07966 472340

Sent from my iPhone

On 7 Mar 2018, at 07:53, johnmather via ChurchillChat