Yahoo! Groups Links

--- Begin Message ---
[Copy & Paste Cross-Post Repeater Beacon]
[Never Ending LATEST OUTRAGE Cross Post]

 Beware the Troll: http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/troll.htm

 Everything You Allways Wanted To Know About DU, but were Afraid to Ask!
 Depleted Uranium: Lessons in "Humanitarian" and Other Warfare
 70 Links at: http://mparent7777.blog-city.com/read/1320695.htm

 We've got the brass to kick Bush's ass
 http://www.bigbrassblog.com/bba.html

 TORAH or TALMUD, (Note to Honest Jewish People)
 Your Choice could possibly determine The Future of Life on Our PLANET!

 Never doubt that a Small Group of Thoughtful, Committed Citizens
 can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
                                                  - Margaret Mead

http://peaceinspace.blogs.com/

"Outrageous Conspiracy Theories" and The 9/11 INDEPENDENT PROSECUTOR ACT

BY Thomas Hansen, Ph.D.   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Charlottesville, Virginia -
It is nearly a year since the 9/11 Commission report was finished
and the investigation of the events of 9/11 officially came to a close.
But unofficially, many Americans have unanswered questions,
and at least some of this hesitancy to close the book on 9/11
is because of the long-standing connection between the Bush Administration
and the man who was the Executive Director
of the 9/11 Commission, Dr. Philip Zelikow.

In a new book by Professor Emeritus
 David Ray Griffin of the Claremont School of Theology
 (The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions,
 Olive Branch Press, 2005), the case is made that the staff
of the 9/11 Commission acted as gatekeepers who followed the official
explanation of events of 9/11, rather than acting as true independent
investigators. Griffin gives detailed and abundant evidence that he feels
shows Philip Zelikow and his staff did not thoroughly investigate
information that was contrary to what the Bush Administration had already
accepted as the facts of 9/11.

Last fall I had a conversation with Zelikow, which I feel supports the
ideas and evidence of Professor Griffin’s book. But before I go into what
Dr. Zelikow told me in person, let us look at the facts of Zelikow’s
association with members of the Bush Administration over the past 15
years. The reason I present this “bio” of Dr. Zelikow is that, while we
expect any person might receive a job offer based on whom they have worked
with and have known in the past, this was not an ordinary job. This job
was to oversee the official investigation of a most serious and
consequential crime, and it occurred under the watch of President Bush’s
Administration. Dr.Philip Zelikow, despite his fine record of integrity
and scholarship, was clearly not independent from the Bush Administration.
And since Bush, Cheney and Rice were three of the witnesses who testified
before the Commission, their relationship with Zelikow is relevant.

Dr. Zelikow was on the National Security Council of President George H.W.
Bush in the 1980s, working as an aide to National Security Advisor Brent
Scowcroft. Condoleeza Rice was also an aide, working with Zelikow. In
1997, Zelikow and Rice co-authored a book. Also in the 1990s, Zelikow
directed the Aspen Strategy Group, which included Rice, Scowcroft, Dick
Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz and others. Then after President George W. Bush was
elected in 2000, Zelikow was appointed to the National Security Council
transition team to provide recommendations to Rice as she accepted the
position of National Security Advisor to Bush. Shortly after 9/11, Zelikow
was appointed to President Bush’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board. In
2003, he was appointed Executive Director of the 9/11 Commission, and took
a leave from his position as Director of the Miller Center of Public
Affairs at the University of Virginia.

After the 9/11 Commission Report was finished in July 2004, and the
Commission was dissolved, Zelikow returned to his previous Miller Center
position for a few months. Recently he left the Miller Center job
completely and became Counselor of the Department of State, as announced
by new Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on February 25, 2005. To quote
Rice in the U.S. State Department press release of that day, “Philip and I
have worked together for years, and I value his counsel and expertise. I
appreciate his willingness to take on this assignment.” To quote the State
Department press release, “Though the position has been vacant since 2001,
the office of the Counselor is not new, having been part of the
Department’s organization since 1909. The Counselor is a principal officer
of the Department. As Counselor, Dr. Zelikow will serve as a senior policy
advisor on a wide range of issues and will undertake special assignments
as directed by the Secretary.”

So we see from these facts that Philip Zelikow’s work with members of the
Bush Administration preceded his 9/11 Commission work for 15 years, and it
has now resumed again, fulltime.  Apparently we are supposed to assume
that during 2003-2004, when he was Executive Director of the 9/11
Commission, he was NOT “associated with” members of the Bush
Administration as he had been before, and is again now. He was somehow
able to distance himself from his past relationship with them, oversee the
interviews of many witnesses, thoroughly investigate all of the evidence,
and supervise the writing of the final 9/11 Commission Report without
being influenced by his past association with them. And now he has been
able to re-associate with them in good stead and be re-hired by the Bush
Administration fulltime in an important position.

Dr. Zelikow gave a lecture at the Miller Center at UVA on September 10,
2004, titled, “The Road to 9/11,” and another on October 14, titled, “The
Road From 9/11.” I attended the second of the two lectures and had an
opportunity afterwards to have a conversation with him for several
minutes. Among other things, I asked him why the Commission did not report
more evidence that would answer the specific conspiracy concerns and
questions that have been circulating regarding 9/11. I asked him why the
Commission would let these concerns go unanswered and cause unnecessary
doubt and dissent in the country.

I pointed out to Dr. Zelikow that one of many reasons this conspiracy talk
about 9/11 continues is that there have been no photos released of the
Boeing 757 wreckage inside the Pentagon, or outside either, as we normally
see after a civilian plane crash. I asked if he has seen photos that show
the wreckage of the 757. He said, yes, they have photos, and that he has
seen them, and he also said that there are eyewitness reports from a dozen
or so rescue workers at the Pentagon who confirm seeing those airplane
parts in the wreckage. Well, I asked, can I or some other ordinary person
see these photos? He said no. I asked if I could see the rescue worker’s
statements, and he said no. I told him I had seen photos of the exterior
Pentagon wall before it collapsed, and the hole where the plane entered
appeared to be only about 20 feet in diameter, with unbroken window frames
on either side of it where the wings and engines would have hit. This hole
was much too small for a 757 to enter, and no wreckage of the plane is
shown on the ground outside. He said those photos might have been
“adjusted” in scale by someone to give the wrong impression. I asked if I
or anyone else could see the National Transportation Safety Board report
about the crash, or even about the 757 being picked up by radar as it
approached Washington, and he said no. He said that the air traffic
controllers at Dulles saw on their radar that a plane was approaching,
without its transponder turned on, but they could not identify it just by
radar. It was not one scheduled to come into Dulles, so they assumed it
was landing at Reagan National, and when it dropped off their radar at the
Pentagon they knew something was wrong. This was 35 minutes after the
second World Trade Center Tower had been hit. I told him this explanation
defied reason, but he said it is proven in the NTSB Report, which I can’t
see.

I told Dr. Zelikow that this secrecy of the 9/11 Commission is still
fueling conspiracy theories and distrust throughout the country and around
the world. Then I asked him why he and the Commission and the staff don’t
simply release photos and other information to the public so that we can
rest assured that the Commission has fully investigated and answered these
and other persistent questions. His answer was that the staff, including
himself of course as Executive Director, made a conscious decision not to
dignify these “outrageous conspiracy theories” by investigating them or
reporting on them. In my opinion, this statement by Dr. Zelikow lends
credence to Professor Griffin’s charge that Zelikow’s staff acted as a
filter of what would be investigated and reported. Dr. Zelikow then told
me he could see my point about the public wanting to know more, and he
said he would go back to the Commission staff and re-visit the question of
what to release. We’re still waiting.

Americans are concerned about the unanswered questions of 9/11. The
reputable polling firm, Zogby International, conducted a poll of State of
New York citizens in August 2004. Results showed that 49.3% of New York
City residents and 41% of New York citizens overall said that some of our
leaders “Knew in advance that attacks were planned on or around September
11, 2001, and that they consciously failed to act.” Nearly 30% of
registered Republicans agreed with this statement, despite the serious
legal and political implications. Only 36% of the total respondents
believed that the 9/11 Commission had “ answered all the important
questions about what actually happened on September 11th,” and 66% want
another full investigation of the “still unanswered questions.”

CSPAN2 recently broadcast, and rebroadcast, the speech Professor Griffin
gave about his book to a standing-room-only crowd at the University of
Wisconsin. People are paying attention and learning and speaking up. As
the 9/11 Commission Report approaches its 1-year anniversary, many
Americans are not celebrating, nor are they letting it all just fade away.
We pay the salaries of those who have made conscious decisions to
investigate and report only what fits their own version of 9/11 events,
and their own vision of what the world should be like for them. It seems
that “we the people” are considered by some officials to be just
bystanders, without the right to see the evidence that our leaders have
seen, and to decide for ourselves what is true. The Bush Administration
has demonstrated a pervasive pattern of secrecy, deception, and arrogance,
not just related to the 9/11 investigation. They have left the rest of us
in the dark, but we can see well enough to fear that the Emperor has no
clothes.

WATCH CSPAN broadcast of Prof David Ray Griffin's Speech

End

$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$
"If there is no struggle there is no progress.
 Those who profess to favor freedom and yet depreciate agitation,
 They are men who want crops without plowing up the ground,
 They want rain without thunder and lightning.
 They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters....
 Power concedes nothing without a demand.
 It never did and it never will."   - Frederick Douglass, 1857
 "The Duty of a Patriot is to Protect his Country from the Government."
-Freedom had been Hunted round the Globe - Reason treated as Rebellion;
- and the Slavery of Fear - had made - Men Afraid to Think.-
 But such is the Irresistible Nature of Truth, - that All it Asks,-
- and All it Wants,- is the Liberty of Appearing.-
                             ~ Thomas Paine,Rights of Man, 1791  ~
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
 "The Inherent Right of the people to reform their government,
 I do not deny; and they have another right, and that is
 to Resist Un-Constitutional Laws without overturning the government."
                            ~ Daniel Webster (1782-1852) US Senator ~
<+>-<#>-<$>-<@>-<+>-<#>-<$>-<@>-<+>-<#>-<$>-<@>-<+>-<#>-<$>-<@>-

 To those who have taken the Oath, Remember the Oath!
 To those who have not and believe in the Constitution,
 Take a similar Oath now to the Constitution!
 Remember that those who make laws contrary to the Constitution,
 Those who enforce laws contrary to the Constitution,
 And those who give orders contrary to the Constitution,
 Have become domestic enemies of the Constitution!
 It doesn't take a Judge or a lawyer to know the difference!

 "I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR (OR AFFIRM) THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE
 CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND
 DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME; AND
 THAT I WILL OBEY THE (CONSTITUTIONAL AND LAWFUL) ORDERS OF THE
 PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE (CONSTITUTIONAL AND LAWFUL)
 ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME, ACCORDING TO REGULATIONS
 AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. SO HELP ME GOD."

 Teddy's Answer to Diversity!

 There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. The one
 absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing
 all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to
 permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities.
 - Theodore Roosevelt, speech before the Knights of Columbus, 1915, New
York

 Teddy's Answer to Bush!

 To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
 we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only
 unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
 public.
 - Theodore Roosevelt

 Teddy's Answer to Bush & Congress

 "We cannot afford to differ on the question of honesty if we expect
 our republic permanently to endure.  Honesty is not so much a credit
 as an absolute prerequisite to efficient service to the public.
 Unless a man is honest, we have no right to keep him in public life;
 it matters not how brilliant his capacity."  - Theodore Roosevelt
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 This is (Possibly) copyrighted material, We believe this constitutes
a 'Fair Use' as provided for in Sec.107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material
is distributed without profit. For more information go to:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/

Yahoo! Groups Links