-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [DrugWar] [Fwd: Ad Exec Goes to Jail for Overcharging Federal Govt for Anti-Drug Campaign]
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:53:21 -0400
From: Tim Meehan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Drugwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Ad Exec Goes to Jail for Overcharging Federal Govt for
Anti-Drug Campaign
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:17:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tambra Stevenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Social Marketing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

FYI.

Tambra Stevenson, MS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.tambrastevenson.com

SHONA SEIFERT SENTENCED TO 18 MONTHS IN PRISON
Must Also Pay $125,000 Fine in White House Drug Office Fraud Case

July 14, 2005

NEW YORK (AdAge.com) -- A federal judge today sentenced Shona Seifert to
18 months in prison and ordered her to pay a $125,000 fine for her role
in the Ogilvy & Mather scheme to overbill the government on its national
anti-drug ad account. The judge also ordered her to develop a written
code of conduct for the advertising industry

See full story at http://www.adage.com/news.cms?newsId=45545

-- Matthew Creamer

 [   DrugWar List in Digest Format: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   ]
<]=-----------------------------------------------------------------------=[>

--
For liberty in our lifetimes,
by ANY means necessary,

Broadcasting ONLY in Hammond, Indiana:

"They're Stealing Your Country, TAKE IT BACK!

        Comcast Cable Channel 16
    Every Wednesday @ 5:30 - 6:30 PM
   Live call-in every other Wednesday
   1(219)852-4723 CST to participate!
-------------------------------------
Live in Indiana?
Visit:
http://www.hoosiermaster.com
-------------------------------------
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards."
            - Claire Wolfe, Author
           from "101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution"
-------------------------------------
"Keep your powder dry"
      -Randy Weaver, Hero
    "And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say goodbye to his family?  Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand.  The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst; the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"
                                                                    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Yada, yada, yada.

If this email does not comply with the above listed U.S.C., too bad, tough luck! Sue me for everything I've ever made from being an activist and I'll send you your part of the bill!

Madd Maxx-

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS