From: Bob
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [cia-drugs] Fwd: TrineDay's server "compromised"

Robert Millegan wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Robert Millegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: August 4, 2005 2:09:04 PM PDT
Cc: ctrl CTRL <CTRL@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Subject: TrineDay's server "compromised"

We just got a call from our server site. Hmm... First Dan Hopsicker's and my computer get hit the same day. Now TrineDay and it's related websites are down due to a "compromised" server. Our Server site folks had to shut it down our server is attacking other servers.

Ain't life fun.

Peace,
Om
My cat got scared at the moment that my dsl connection
went down for half an hour and two out of three pc's
shut down instantly. Both of them are on battery backup,
so I think they were shut down through their network
cards, which are newer cards with the "feature" of
being able to reboot the pc, bios permitting, and the
pc that did not shut down had an old nic without the
"feature" and an old bios that might be immune, too.

Many commercial rack servers have such nics with
the feature for administrators to reboot locked up
pc's and then log on through a remote connection.
Apparently vandals know how to use this, too.

As far as how you would get viruses trojaning your
servers, I hope they're not windows servers, that
would be how.

I got rid of the last windows pc here last week
because I didn't want a windows pc standing
behind me when the shooting started.

-Bob

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

United state patent United state army United state flag
United state navy flag United states patent office Central intelligence agency

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS