here is something not quite right here. I smell something really, really evil is afoot and the official line is not one I'm buying, but the taxpayer is paying for regardless.

Madd Maxx-

US military sends scientists to film school

Jamie Wilson in Washington
Friday August 5, 2005
The Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1542985,00.html#article_continue

He will have the body of Arnold Schwarzenegger and the brain of Stephen Hawking. Step forward the Pentagon's perfect Hollywood hero, possibly coming soon to a screen near you.

According to the New York Times, the US military is paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to send scientists on a screenwriting course in Los Angeles, with the aim of producing movies and television shows that portray scientists in a flattering light.

It is being billed as a radical solution to one of America's most vexing long-term national security problems: the drastic decline in the number of US students pursuing science and engineering. [Duh, matbe they shouldn't have dunbed down so many -MM]

The students at a five-day course at the American Film Institute included experts in rocket science, nanotechnology and genetics.

They agreed that films such as Deep Impact, the 1998 blockbuster starring Robert Duvall and Morgan Freeman, were the sort that should be emulated.

While the decline in interest in science is a problem for US industry as a whole, it is particularly acute for defence laboratories, which, because of security concerns, cannot use immigrants to take up the slack. [They created the problem and viola(!) - this is the solution? -MM]

The idea of teaching screenwriting to scientists was that of Martin Gunderson, a professor of electrical engineering at the University of Southern California and a technical adviser to Hollywood.

"My thought was, since scientists have to write so much, for technical journals and papers, why not consider them as a creative source?" he told the New York Times.

--
For liberty in our lifetimes,
by ANY means necessary,

Broadcasting ONLY in Hammond, Indiana:

"They're Stealing Your Country, TAKE IT BACK!

  NOW ON Comcast Cable Channel 21!!!
    Every Wednesday @ 5:30 - 6:30 PM
   Live call-in every other Wednesday
   1(219)852-4723 CST to participate!
-------------------------------------
Live in Indiana?
Visit:
http://www.hoosiermaster.com
-------------------------------------
"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,
but too early to shoot the bastards."
            - Claire Wolfe, Author
           from "101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution"
-------------------------------------
"Keep your powder dry"
      -Randy Weaver, Hero
    "And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say goodbye to his family?  Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand.  The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst; the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!"
                                                                    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. Yada, yada, yada.

If this email does not comply with the above listed U.S.C., too bad, tough luck! Sue me for everything I've ever made from being an activist and I'll send you your part of the bill!

Madd Maxx-

United state patent United state army United state flag
United state navy flag United states patent office Central intelligence agency

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS