Dear Friends:

After refusing to give us information on my wife's visa for seven months Immigration told us that children and witness statements were not enough, and we had to refile the visa for my wife and pay the new fee.

The law is the law. It applies to us and not to them.  Or anyone coming up over the southern border of the US.

So if they delay the visa for seven months, to tell us some trivial thing, they don't have to answer for it, the eat the several hundred dollars fee, and its all just tough luck.

We have to refile at this point.  So we will be stuck out of the US for at least another six to seven months or longer.

We will therefore continue our work with the Akha.

We have to get special visas and cover other costs of being on the road.

If you have any interest in the Akha situation and can help us out, that is great, as there is much good that can be done here.

Besides our own cost we want to build up a fund for rice.  But it takes more than that. We need people who can put their effort into helping us build a bigger more permanent fund for the Akha, there are a lot of needs, needs that most other societies get funding and help with, but not the Akha.

Some villages for instance reported 30% mortality after relocations.

Take a look at the docs on http://www.akha.org news.

Please take the time to make a donation to promote the Akha story and help us to assist villagers.  We don't get a salary for this work, but we need to eat, renew our visas and have something in our hand for the Akha when we go to the villages.

Sincerely,
Matthew McDaniel

The Akha Heritage Foundation.
http://www.akha.org Akha Heritage Site.